Feminism....the new freedom (?) from whom



Ok, I admit it, some guys can be boneheads, real creeps, just not in tune with women. I've known some fellow men who were better suited for caves, clubs, bear skin suits and a set of snaggle teeth while they saw on a raw leg of lamb.
     No kiddin.
     I've actually stopped some guys from roughly handling their kids in supermarket lines, pushing their wives around in parking lots and'/or yelling obcenities in public and you can see their wives or girlfriends looking for a manhole to crawl in.
     I bleed for these women. Sorry, I dont ever assume "they can handle it themselves.$"I'm 72, over 6feet tall, pretty robust, usually well dressed and look them in the eye. Once in a while, they will beat their chest about it and I will say in a quiet voice, " look pal, you don't want me to do anything in front of your kids or wife to make you look bad, do you? I'm just an old man with a can, a metal hip, a bad heart, a pace-maker.....and a gun. You don't want to hassle with me, now do YOU?"
    "Be a good guy, calm down, and treat your wife and kids nice and let's not have any trouble, ok?"
    My point is, what draws women to men like this? In the 21st Century, there are 60 dozen self help groups, a ka-jillion feminist books, women mouthing feminism everywhere, yet, I seem to run into the above examples all the time. In all this tussle, I have yet to run into a woman who said, " step back, I can handle this, I don't need your help."
    Never. Not once. Understand, I'd still do it, that's the way I was raised, my mother taught me.
    Why are women drawn to the hairy chested, breast stroker, vine swingers.?? Women say they want to "...have it all," yet - boom. Two kids, Harry the hammer, groceries at the local store, and a cuff on the back of the head.
    Gloria Steinham, who I've met, will not ever be without a job. She preaches and vocalizes from pillar to post, yet "the movement" falters and falls back. Men, seem to hairier and more abusive.
    Where have all the delicate, feminine Lauren Bacalls gone?  (full of ugly tattoos and foul language)and for that matter, Cary Grant? ( Geo Clooney? Naahh, he can't concentrate on his cause celebre from one moment to the next, lives in another country, and self-admits to not being a great husband-probably right. He did vote for Obama)
    If you live with, or want to marry a self-proclaimed Feminist,...I dunno, you're on your own. To me, it's like trying to hit a moving target. Best of luck.
###

Comments

Popular Posts