Why I am a Political Independent

It seems to me that our country is going nutz. I was born in February of 1940, a little perspective on my mindset, I am from " the last century."
    I have endured WWII, the Korean Conflict, widespread polio outbreaks, Communism infiltration within America considered to be subversive and illegal at the time. The scum of Hippie-dome where rudeness, , dirty, socially obnoxious, teenagers and young adults disrupted what was normal American life and nearly brought down our civilization.
unkemptness. Broadcasters off-handedly commenting about DRUGS, " Oh yes, we've all taken them at one time or another, of course - sure."
     Wait a minute - I NEVER DID. Not once, ever. A prude eh? Maybe, why didn't I. It was against the law, that's why. So is speeding and cheating on your taxes. Obey the damned law, Mr. Obama.
    The Vietnam War? Where do I begin? The words traitor, treason, turncoat have lost all meaning in American legal lexicon. The law as a profession has blown a gasket. Trust in institutions is gone. Every one's opinion is open to discussion, evaluation, second guessing.
    I know of no one whose word is gospel.
One president, caught with his pants down IN THE OVAL OFFICE, nearly was impeached, another resigned in disgrace, a third currently being hounded into obscurity by both sides of the political press, the public, courts, Federal judges, endures his last year in office almost in hiding.
His birth lineage questioned, his political foundations in doubt, nearly everything done in office surrounded in suspicion, leaving the entire nation in doubt, and divided against him.
    The Republicans fought like hell to grab back political will in Congress, and, having gotten political control, do nothing with it. Democratic Senatorial leaders openly brag they lie on the floor of the Senate.
    Political Independents in this country are now at an all time high. It is said that winning his group is key to winning any election. Both parties are seen as unreliable and untrustworthy. I am an independent. I have met and shaken hands with five presidents of both parties and feel perfectly confident that being Independent is the safest course.
###

Comments

Popular Posts